The 3 Churches of the Parish have a long history of giving generously to a variety of charities, local, national and international. We believe it is our Christian duty to help those in need or those who are suffering and we are seeking to make a difference both in our local area and to wider society. However we also believe that to give to others in love, it is vital to discover and engage with their needs. To do this we get to know the particular issues of need or social justice that the charities we donate to seek to challenge. In doing so we hope that the members of our congregations will not just be generous in their giving to charity, but will also grow in faith. Support is focussed on four or five main charities which the churches have an ongoing relationship with, and funds are raised throughout the year. In addition to appeals during the church seasons of Lent and Harvest, each year we support the following:
- Chichester Diocesan Association for Family Support Work (FSW); for more information see http://www. familysupportwork.org/
- Christian Aid; for more information see http://www.christianaid.org.uk
- CMS (Church Mission Society) for more information see https://churchmissionsociety.org/
- The Children’s Society; for more information see http://www.childrenssociety.org.uk/
- Turning Tides; for more information see https://www.turning-tides.org.uk/
Each Church also gives generously on Remembrance Sunday and that collection is sent to the Royal British Legion.