Are you thinking of getting married in one of these beautiful and historic churches? Congratulations on your engagement, the local team of clergy really love weddings and would be delighted to see how they can help you plan your big day.
Initially email or speak to the parish administrator on 01273 495532.
For lots of helpful information on weddings from the Church of England Wedding website, click the buttons below.
If you are not sure whether you can can married here the following information should help.
You can get married in Henfield, Shermanbury or Woodmancote churches if you live in one of the parishes, or if one of you can show any of the connections listed below under the guidelines set out by the Church of England.
That one of you:
- was baptised in the parish or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months and is on the electoral roll* or
That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months and been on the electoral roll* or
That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish
* The electoral roll is our membership list, made up of those who worship here regularly. People can join the electoral roll once they have attended one of our churches regularly for at least six months.
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services.
Marriage in Church after Divorce.
The Church recognises that there are all sorts of painful and sad reasons why some marriages fail. If one or both of you are divorced you may still be able to remarry in Church. You first need to meet with one of the clergy who will sensitively talk about the past and your hopes for the future, and to explain the options open to you. Please ring the Church office to arrange an appointment.
If you are still not sure whether you are eligible to be married in one of the churches, or whether you live in one of the parishes, please ring the Church Office on 01273 495532.